Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wantable May Box Review

About: With Wantable you can choose to receive the make-up box and/or the jewelry box. I'm getting the make-up one. You can subscribe for $36 a month or get a one time box for $40. The great thing is that your subscription can be skipped on any month. Each box contains 4-6 full-sized products that were hand-picked based on your preferences. Feel free to use my link to join!


I came home from work on Monday to this delightful surprise. It was totally unexpected as I got no clue that they had sent it. This box is probably the one that I wanted the most out of all the ones I subscribed to. Probably because they customize it to your preferences and I love updating my make-up bag. Here is a look at what I got.


Inside the box they include two pieces of paper with information on all the products and tips for how to use them. This was definitely a plus for me. Now let's take a closer look at each item.


KnockOut Cosmetics Flatte Polish LiLi ($14): It was nice to get a new nail polish. Especially since I decided I would start doing my own fingernails. So I need to practice with my left hand and learn how to do some fancy designs. The only thing I'm a little iffy on is that there is no shine. I'm a huge fan of glossy nails. When I leave a nail salon with some pretty, shiny nails, it makes me happy. But I'll try it anyways. When I do, I'll post it up.


Cala Travel Retractable Lip Brush ($8): This was definitely something I could use. I am a big fan of lip gloss and have many to use. At first, I was confused at how it worked but then I figured it out. It was love at first try. I used it with Lancôme Juicy Tubes in Hallucination. This was absolutely amazing to use. It didn't just soak up all the gloss. I was able to control how much lip gloss I wanted on. In the end, I got a high shine look that I loved and it was easy to use. Definitely a keeper!


Manna Kadar Transfix Eyeliner Black ($19): I was a little skeptical when I saw this in my box. The instructions were a little confusing. Would it ruin my eyeshadow? Would it actually work? I found out by trying it out. The eyeshadow that I used it with was Lancôme in Fall Taupe. It didn't really work. I couldn't even tell if it was adding any color to my lids. Maybe there was a little bit of lining but not enough to make it that noticeable. This was a disappointment to me and I will not be using it again. 


FACE Stockholm Eye Dust Reality ($22): I normally stay away from highly glittery make-up. So I was a little unsure on if I would like it. Turns out, I love it! It adds just enough shimmer without overdoing it. The big plus for me was that it let me keep a natural look yet added a bit more pop to my eyelids. I'm going to keep using this, especially for nights out with Bee.


29 Cosmetics D'Vine Mascara ($26): First off, this thing smelled amazing when I opened it up to get a look at the wand. I love, love, love mascara. Aside from lip gloss, it is the second most used make-up item in my bag. So I was pretty excited to try it out. I loved it! It went on so well. There was no clumping at all. Normally, I get some clumping even out of my best mascara but this one went on great. My eyelashes ended up smelling absolutely wonderful because of it.


Manna Kadar Bronze Beauty Self Tanning Lotion (Sample): I was definitely unhappy when I saw I got this. I mean, I live in Hawaii. If I wanted to tan, then I can just go to the beach. Any kind of tanning product, I stay away from. I won't be using this at all and have no idea what to do with it. Bee's boss suggested I use it as a prank on someone, haha. Have a suggestion on what I should do with it? Let me know.

Here is what I looked like after trying out the make-up products. You probably can't tell I'm wearing make-up which is fine with me. I'm all for products that enhance one's natural beauty. That and it's probably hard to see the Eye Dust.


Overall, the total value was $89 not including the tanning lotion. Such a great deal! I'm definitely going to stay with Wantable. Even though there were two things I didn't like, the ones I did like made it completely worth it. These are all brands I would have never discovered myself. As you can probably guess, most of my collection is made up of Lancôme. I doubt I'll ever use the skip option on this box.

Did you get a Wantable box this month? If you did, let me know what you got! I'd love to hear about the different products received this month.


Disclaimer: I paid for this box myself. This is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments.

Lots of aloha,
Tasha