Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday

Welcome to my first Thoughtful Thursday. On Thursdays when I don't have a review to do, we'll look at a quote. The quote can be inspirational, funny, or introspective. My main goal with this is to make one think. Great quotes are ones that really touch you in some way. For my first one, we'll look at something that had great meaning to me.

"The earth is the mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it."
Chief Joseph

In Hawaiian culture, we really do refer to the earth as mother or Papa. As someone who is part of a culture whose Kingdom was overthrown and land taken away, this quote really speaks to me. This also makes me think of global warming and how we, as a whole, aren't doing a good job of taking care of the earth. 

I hope this quote made you really think. What did this make you think of? Does this quote have great meaning to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments.

Lots of aloha,
Tasha