Friday, May 17, 2013

May Conscious Box Review

About: Conscious box delivers 10-20 natural, safe, and eco-friendly products a month. It costs $19.95 a month. After you get the box you can go online to review products and get points that go towards get free products.


This was the very first subscription box that I put an order in for. I ended up deciding on Conscious Box because of the quality of the products that they send. Sometimes I like surprises, so having no clue at all or influence over it was kind of exciting for me.


I was amazed at how much stuff they managed to pack into this little box. The box itself is also super cute. When I tried to repack it, I could not fit it all in correctly. It ended up bulging and I wasn't able to close it all the way.


Ultima Replenisher Everyday Health Drink: "Get your daily boost of nutrients with Ultima Replenisher. Made with real fruit, Ultima Replenisher is the ideal daily health booster for anyone on the go. Plant-based, naturally sweet, and without worry of artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners. Oh, did we mention it's also vegan and non-GMO."

I haven't tried this one yet but Bee will. I'm not a big fan of lemon-y stuff. So I actually don't drink lemonade. I know, I'm weird! But Bee likes lemonade so I'm sure that he will enjoy this.

A. Vogel Herbamare Original: "What do you get when you combine sea salt with 12 freshly harvested, organically grown herbs and vegetables? Your dinner table's new best friend! Made with simple ingredients like sea salt, chives, garlic, basil, rosemary, and thyme, each dash of Herbamare will add spunk to any culinary creation!"

I haven't tried this one yet but I will definitely season something with this. Don't know what yet. It actually sounds like a really delicious seasoning. As a fan of sea salt, I approve of this. I'll probably buy more of it if I really love it.


MRM Relax-All with Phenibut: "Formulated with nature in mind, MRM Relax-All is the perfect aid for relaxation and heightened mental tranquility. Made with natural herbal extracts and nutritional compounds, MRM Relax-All works with your body to reduce stress and bring you back to balance."

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was Bee. He could totally use this. I'm pretty stress free and relaxed most of the time. Bee gets totally stressed out at work and needs to learn how to relax more. Maybe this is the key to it. I'll definitely let you know how it works when he uses it.

Dream Water Sleep and Relaxation Shot: "After a long day's work, energy drinks can leave you feeling fried. Bring relaxation back to your body with Dream Water Sleep and Relaxation Shots. Made with all natural ingredients, Dream Water makes it easy to deal with the stresses of every day life. Let the snoozing begin!"

Once again, this will go to Bee. He needs it more than I do. I hope that it works. Sometimes he has a hard time sleeping or he just doesn't get a good nights sleep. It almost felt like this box was made for him.






Orgain Healthy Kids Organic Nutritional Shake: "Looking for an all-in-one nutritional powerhouse even the kids love? Meet Orgain, the makers of the most delicious nutritional shakes you’ll find West of Mississippi... or, well, East of the Mississippi. Made with organic fruits and vegetables, packed with protein, and free of GMOs, corn syrup, or artificial junk, Orgain is pleased to be your new favorite lunchbox buddy."

So I don't have any kids living with me. My youngest sibling is 12 years old. Based on the fact that the only other child in the apartment is my niece who is only 1, I ended up trying it for myself. It didn't taste so good. I tried to give it to my brother but he didn't like it either. In the end, we dumped it because nobody really wanted it. Perhaps they need to add more sweet ingredients to make it more desirable to kids and sweet-tooths like me.

Somersaults Cinnamon Crunch: "Inspired by the buttery rich taste of wholesome sunflower seeds, Somersaults Snacks have created a deliciously nut-free blend of crunchy nuggets baked to perfection. All natural and made with simple ingredients, Somersault Snacks are packed with protein while being lower in fat than traditional alternatives. Twirl your taste buds and flip your snacking world upside down!"

I loved this! Everyone in my household and family eats sunflower seeds. Cinnamon is one of my favorite things to use when baking. I put it on almost all of my desserts. This was absolutely delicious. The fact that is nut-free was a huge plus too. I don't like nuts.



 Healthy HooHoo Gentle Feminine Cleanser: "Meet the natural feminine intimate cleanser. PH balanced, fragrance free, paraben free, and free of harsh chemicals or additives, Healthy Hoohoo is made to naturally cleanse girlie parts without removing all the goodness Mother Nature put down there. Made with simple ingredients like Aloe, green tea, cucumber, and pomegranate extract."

I haven't tried this yet and even if I had, I probably wouldn't give you the full scoop on how it went. I will say that I was glad to get this. Keeping yourself clean down there is a must. Something natural that you can use is even better because you don't have to worry about any strange chemicals. I'll probably end up buying more of this.


Earthpaste Amazingly Natural Toothpaste: "If there’s a good starting place for making changes in your buying habits, it’s likely in your bathroom. Your daily personal care products directly influence your health – from what’s on your skin to what’s in your mouth. Breaking the trend of pseudo-natural toothpaste, Earthpaste Amazingly Natural Toothpaste is truly safe, made without glycerin, fluoride, artificial coloring, and foaming agents. How healthy? So healthy you can eat it. But only if you want to."

I tried out both the small packet and the full-sized tube. My first impression was that it looked kind of gross. It tastes just like the package says though. The peppermint one made my breath smell fresh for most of the day. The lemon one didn't last as long. It seemed to clean my teeth just as well as normal toothpaste but didn't leave the minty feeling. I don't know if I would get this because it doesn't really keep my teeth looking nice all day long. 


Ecover Automatic Dishwasher Tablets: "Sparkling clean dishes are at your finger tips! These completely biodegradable, phosphate-free dishwasher tablets from Ecover are the safe, natural solution for getting your dishes done without worry of exposing them to harsh chemicals or cleansers. Just drop in one tablet in your dispenser and go!"

I don't have a dishwasher so I have no use for this. I gave it to Bee's mom since she has one. So I guess I'm neutral on this. It's good that you don't have to worry about harsh chemicals being stuck to your dishes. I use Dawn to hand wash my dishes.


Yes To Cucumbers Natural Sunscreen: "Summer is right around the corner – don't forget your sunscreen! Easily absorbed for maximum skin protection, Yes to Cucumbers natural sunscreen is made with organic cucumber seed extract and natural ingredients to offer a healthier alternative to chemical based sunscreens and sprays. Now get out in the sun!" 

I'm definitely going to try this. My shoulders always get burned and Bee's neck gets burned now that he cut his hair short. It's kind of funny that I got this. Bee was just talking about how we needed to start using organic sunscreen. I'll probably buy more of this since I now know of an organic sunscreen. I actually wasn't sure where to buy one.

Overall, I felt that a lot of the items were kind of random. I'm going to keep it for another month so I can really get a good idea if I want to keep this subscription. It was great to be introduced to so much eco-friendly products. At the same time, there were some things I won't use and I didn't put everything up in detail in this review. I honestly think it would be great if it was slightly personalized. It is great that I can review the items I got so they know what I like and don't like.

Did you get a conscious box? How did you like the items that you received?

Disclaimer: I bought this box. Everything here is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments.

Lots of aloha,
Tasha