Tuesday, June 4, 2013

May Gourmet Spotting Tasting Box Review

About: The Tasting Box sends you 4-6 hand-picked gourmet products. For every Tasting Box that is shipped, they send a meal to charity. It is $29.99/month plus $7.95 for shipping. If you want to cancel, you have to cancel before the 1st of the month or you'll be charged for that month. The products sent come from all over the world.

    
I totally wasn't expecting this one to come in when it did. I'm so happy that I signed up for it though. I didn't take a picture of the box because it's pretty plain and doesn't have any special label on it. There is a pretty good quality paper included with information on the theme of the box as well as what is in the box.

This month was all about Italy and France. Everything was packaged very well. Nothing was damaged and nothing was leaking. They packaged it so well, that I had a hard time getting the bubble wrap off two of the items!

Guillaume et Lesgards Blackberry Jelly with Violet (aprox. $4.64): I couldn't really find this one online but I did find other jellies of theirs, so that is an estimate based on prices I found. It says that this was made in Lies, a small town in Southern France. I was excited when I found out it was an actual product from France and from what I've found, you can only get it there. Unfortunately, I haven't tried it yet so I can't tell you if it was good or not. I will say that the smell was kind of overwhelming for me. Bee will be trying it first to let me know if it's good.

Voglia Di Nero Balsamic Vinegar with Truffle Aroma (aprox. $14.40): This was much easier to find! It is the 100 ml one. That is not the actual whole name of the product but the whole name was just just way to long. It was overwhelming to just read the whole thing on the site you can order it on. I didn't have bread when I got this so I went and bought some. It doesn't really have too much of a difference in taste or smell from other ones I tried. I still enjoyed it with some bread though. Glad I got this because I don't normally go out and buy balsamic vinegar.

Terre Di Murgia Paccheri Rigati Pasta (aprox. $10): I couldn't find this one anywhere! So that is a big guess on the price based on other reviews I found. It is imported from Southern Italy and used mostly in restaurants. We haven't tried it yet but I'm excited to! Bee makes some excellent pasta. So we'll be using this soon...hopefully. I'll let you know how it goes when we do.


Ariosto Lemon Juice ($3.05): I managed to find this one! It is 1.99 in pounds so I just converted it. We'll definitely be using this, probably with the pasta. It comes from lemons in Sicily. Oddly enough, I just saw something very similar to this at Safeway. It's still super cute and a good amount considering all the uses for it.

Overall, I really liked what I got in the box. All together, the items equaled $32.09 based on the estimated prices. Since I got a discount on the box, it was a better value than the price I paid. Of course, it's not like I can get any of this stuff in Hawaii. So the rarity of the products definitely upped the value of this box. It's a little pricey for me though, so I may not be getting this box too often. I am expecting one for June though!

Did you get a Tasting Box? Did you get the same stuff that I did? How did you like it? Let me know! If you also know the actual prices, share that with me too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments.

Lots of aloha,
Tasha