Monday, June 24, 2013

Cat Monday - About Jongy

A long time ago I said I would post about Jongy. That time has now come. I waited so long because I couldn't find the pictures I had of him. With no idea where his tiny kitten days were, I didn't feel I should post. Now I finally found a picture of him when we first got him!

Here he is! Wasn't he just the cutest thing ever? We actually didn't go looking for another cat, especially a kitten so young. Bee's friend actually found him under a Jong at his lion dance practice. Thus the name Jongy. His friend was pretty sure he couldn't take care of a kitten so young so we took on Jongy. I was actually really scared about how Junior would react. In fact, we kept them separated as much as possible till I felt Jongy was old enough. My Grandma on my mom's side thought he looked like a little teddy bear when his ears were still folded.

For those that have never taken care of a kitten so young, please think about it before you rescue one. They take a lot of time and require lots of care. You have to bottle feed them, stimulate them to use the bathroom, and keep them warm because they can't keep themselves warm on their own.

I'm so glad that Bee and I managed to keep him healthy. Eventually we did introduce the two and they got along just fine. In fact, Junior took to cleaning him and stimulating Jongy himself. I was so proud. The only thing we had a hard time with was trying to get Jongy to drink water on his own. He literally did not want to drink water at all. No matter what we tried. The vet actually told us to make him drink water using one of the plastic syringes for giving kids medicine.

Unlike Junior, Jongy could play with anything. He played with all the toys Junior didn't, your hand, towels, and even Bee's dirty socks. It was the cutest thing ever. Bee was just happy that we managed to raise a healthy and happy cat. Let me tell you, we had some scares. Jongy came to us less than a month old.

Now he likes to sleep all over the place. On the ground, on the bed, in boxes, and even in their cat carrier. His tail is so fluffy now. He is a little rascal though. Sometimes he'll come out of nowhere and attack us.

Raising a kitten is definitely not easy. Have a cat? Share your story!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway, it's almost over!




2 comments:

  1. Awww he's so cute. That last pic is darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always a challenge to get good pictures of cats.

      Delete

I love and appreciate all comments.

Lots of aloha,
Tasha