Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June Love With Food Review

About: Love With Food is a box that sends 8 or more gourmet snacks. It cost $12/month including shipping. You can cancel at anytime. On their website, they actually have a timer so you know how much time you got to order before the next box ships. For every box that ships, they donate a meal to a hungry child. If you would like to get a Love With Food box, feel free to go through my referral link to sign up!

      
This box was a total surprise when it came in. Since I heard so much great reviews on it, I was definitely excited to open it. The box comes in an envelope and is sealed with plastic which I think is great because ants are such a big problem in Hawaii. On the cover, they list their social networks so you can follow them. 

    
The box comes with a cute card letting you know that the theme is "Summer Bash". On the other side, there is a snippet of information on each snack that they included in the box. 

It's so amazing how much stuff they managed to stick in this box! I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to arrange them so that they would all be in the picture. All together, there were 9 different things in the box. 

Roasted Seaweed from Seaweed Love (about $2.75): First off, I love nori. That's what we call it in Hawaii. It's a little weird to hear someone call it seaweed here in Hawaii. Nori is the Japanese name and Limu is the Hawaiian name. So I was very curious about this product. It tastes really good. Just the right amount of saltiness. I don't think I would buy it though because I can get huge packets of it for much cheaper in any local grocery store here in Hawaii from a different brand. On the website, you can get a pack of 12 so I divided the actual price by that and got the estimate for one.

Coconut + Mango Fruit Ice from Smooze (about $2.33): I was super excited about this one because it's summer time and it's been so hot lately. This was perfect for Bee because he can't stand the heat. I actually thrive in the summer heat. Pros, it's dairy free and it's mango flavored. Bee loves mangoes and is lactose intolerant. He really enjoyed eating this. I'll probably buy more of these for him.

Gluten-Free Pineapple Coconut Cereal Bar from Do More Bars (about $1.92): You may not know about this but I actually don't like pineapples. Weird, I know. A lot of people think of Hawaii when they see pineapples but I'd like to remind you that pineapples are not native to Hawaii. So this went to Bee. He really liked it and said it is just like a rice crispy bar. It's made out of brown rice so it's much healthier. It's great alternative snack for kids.

Organic Fruity Bears from Surf Sweets (about $1.78): I let my sister's boyfriend eat this. He really enjoyed it. At first, he couldn't give me any real opinion on it because he said they just melted in his mouth. They are covered in sugar so it is sweet. In the end, he said that he really enjoyed eating it and wished that the bag was bigger. 

Sweet Plantain Chips from Turbana (about $1.42): I loved this!!! I never really eat plantains so I was curious about it. Sometimes when it says sweet, it's not sweet enough for me. But this was amazing! Just the right amount of sweetness. It was crispy, light, and sweet. I recommend this to everyone. You seriously have to try it. I'm definitely gonna buy more.

All-Natural Fruit and Soy Bar from SoyJoy (about $1.26): Once again, this was pineapple flavored so I didn't try this one. Bee did though and he said it wasn't bad. He said that it had a strong pineapple flavor so he didn't offer any to me because he knows my tastes. I don't think we would buy this though. While he liked it, it's not something I can see him spending his money on.

Pomegranate Mint Chewing Gum from PUR Gum ($1.80): I'm not a gum person. Chewing it just makes me hungry so I avoid chewing gum usually. My sister and her boyfriend offered to try it because they both like gum. They both said that it lost it's flavor really fast and spit it out in about a couple of minutes. It was also very chewy which they didn't like. So this was the dud in the box.

Organic Hard Candy from GoOrganic (about $2.79): This one tasted just like a passion fruit candy that we can get from Crack Seed in Hawaii. It tasted really good. Will I buy more? Probably not since I can get a product just like it at a local store for a cheaper price. It was nice to learn about it though.

Organic Drink Mix from Flavrz (about $2.44): I let my sister and her boyfriend try this because I don't like flavored water. I think flavored water is just watered down juice. If I'm going to drink something with flavor, I'm drinking juice. My sister isn't a fan of this. She said it just tasted like sweet water. It didn't have a strong enough flavor for her.

Overall, it was nice to learn about new products but there was definitely stuff that me or my family didn't really enjoy. I do like this box though because I feel it is worth the price and it's so nice that they donate a meal. Honestly, those plantain chips was worth the whole box. It was so delicious and I'm so glad that Love With Food introduced me to it.

Did you get a Love With Food box? Let me know what you thought! It's always interesting to learn what other peoples tastes are.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway while you're here!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great mix! I like that it's a nice variety of products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice variety of products. There was something for everyone in it. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

I love and appreciate all comments.

Lots of aloha,
Tasha