Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day Fun

I know this post is a little late but better late than never. Father's Day was great for me. I went to brunch with my dad's side of the family. For those that don't know, my parents are divorced. My family is really, really big. Both my mom and dad side of the family are big. Since it was father's day, this one was spent with my dad's side.

It was at Dot's Restaurant in Wahiawa. There was a special Father's Day brunch with Auggie T. and Mel Cabang, local comedians in Hawaii. I had to wake up at 7:30 am just to get ready for this. The night before I had a grad party that I stayed at till like 1 something in the morning so you can imagine how tired I was at the brunch. You'll hear about the grad party tomorrow.

Here is my grandma and grandpa as we waited for them to open the doors. I'm so glad that I have both of my grandparents around at the age of 23. It's always really great to see them and know that they are doing well. Though we all agreed that someone needs to start driving them around because grandpa is at that age where he shouldn't be driving anymore.

Here is my family enjoying their brunch. There was lots of food. I got some ahi limu poke, salad with ranch dressing, Portuguese sausage, eggs, and rice. Yummy!

The comedy show was hilarious!! We had lots of fun and laughs. I couldn't get any good pictures of them onstage so I didn't want to post them. If you do check out either comedian, don't be offended by their content. There may be people that might think the content is discriminatory but it's not. In Hawaii, we all tease each other. It's just the way we are and what we find funny.

After a great show and lots of laughs, it was time to say goodbye to the family for now.


Here are my uncles. First one is the serious picture and the second is the silly picture. If you can guess which one is my dad, I applaud you. Just so you know, that is not all the uncles I have on my dad's side. There is way more than that, probably more than I can remember.

Overall, it was a great day and I had a blast spending time with my family. Hope your Father's Day was just as fun as mine!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments.

Lots of aloha,
Tasha